Wings and Wisdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A bird routine, NEVER

5 posters

Go down

A bird routine, NEVER Empty Re: A bird routine, NEVER

Post by Joe Fri May 23, 2008 6:55 pm

I am so glad you guys are happy with my way of treating birds. My mom was sick and I needed to spend lots of time with her, so the birds had to deal with it. I did have a party with them when I would get home, and let them stay up till midnight. Soon as I would drive up you would hearing them getting nuts, and they knew all was fine again. Now being back to normal, all is well in birdland, and none of them had a chip on the shoulder, because they have learned to go with the flow.
Remember, they live with us,we dont live in the forest with them. I love my guys to death, but my needs come before theres, sorry, they are my PETS.
Joe
Joe
Joe

Male
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyric Fri May 23, 2008 4:24 pm

Hi Joe-
Sorry we can't start an argument here because I agree too! Wink I vary what time I feed my birds, move things around, some days I bring Lyric to work with me, somedays not, give them different toys to play with and change them around. Like you said, I don't want them to get used to things being a certain way each and every day and then have them freak out if things change for some reason. Some people might disagree and say that birds like to have consistancy and order in their lives- this would be fine and dandy if the consistancy can stay consistant! My life is too busy each and every day to be the same all the time. We'll have to find someone else out there to give the other point of view.
Lyric
Lyric
Can't touch this!
Can't touch this!

Female
Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Alma2187 Fri May 23, 2008 3:55 pm

I personally dont have an opinion because i dont have any experience at all but i will defenitly follow your advice Joe because if its going well for you it shoud go well with me too. And i think its more fun to do different things with them evryday just like kids because they are our other kids i call my baby my ball of feathers...lol
Alma2187
Alma2187
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:59 pm

I agree with Joe. Unfortunately, I'm a bit OCD so we're on a routine naturally. I wish we weren't. I think it's better for the bird not to be so rigid...that way, if something comes up and you have to bend the time a little, the bird isn't going to freak out. Since we've had Harrison, we've changed the living room furniture around many times and we've purchased new things, brought back old things...etc etc etc...the livingroom is the only room we've done that with (I just haven't been happy with it)...anyway, Harrison has never freaked out when she sees we've arranged it a new way or brought somethine new in...however, we put a new chair in the dining room and she flipped. It was the first change to that room we'd done in a very long time. I think that's a perfect example of how being rigid can be bad...there are good things about it but in the long run, I think you'll have a much better well adjusted bird if you mix things up a bit along the way....I hope that made sense Smile
Heather
Heather
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-04-11

http://imageevent.com/heatheranddenis

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:19 pm

I agree 100% Joe once someone starts a set routine if you go off it for
some reason.The bird will react. I think its a good thing to keep them on the toes
so to speak.
Jay
Jay
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 54

Back to top Go down

A bird routine, NEVER Empty A bird routine, NEVER

Post by Joe Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:58 pm

I AM AGAINST IT, FOR YOUR OWN SAKE AS AN OWNER, DON'T DO IT.

I am different then most, because I don't want them in any routine at all. I feel that once you start one you will have to follow it all the time. I feed them different food daily, wake them when I see fit, go to sleep from 10 to midnight, take them out for a ride or the stores, bath them at different times of the day, and so on. It is working very well with me, but everyone has their own way of doing things.
If something has to change for you or you need to something different one day, WELL what?
Your bird should fit your life style, and not you fit theirs. They are the PET!!!!!

Joe
THERE ARE SOME WILL DISAGREE WITH ME AND THATS FINE, Just like to hear your reason.
Joe
Joe

Male
Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down