Wings and Wisdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP: Adopted 4 year old Umbrella Cockatoo for my husband....but the bird DOES NOT like him...I think she HATES him

Go down

HELP:  Adopted 4 year old Umbrella Cockatoo for my husband....but the bird DOES NOT like him...I think she HATES him Empty HELP: Adopted 4 year old Umbrella Cockatoo for my husband....but the bird DOES NOT like him...I think she HATES him

Post by Lovebird Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:22 pm

My husband has wanted a cockatoo for a long time. We finally found a 4 year old female on craigslist that was being rehomed. We went to see her last week and all went well. She stepped up for him and seemed to be okay. Now that we have had her home for a few days, it is very obvious that she does not like him at all. We allow her out of her cage in a secure/safe room while we are home. I can go in the room with her and she will talk, dance and sing. She will even step up on my hand (when she chooses to) for a minute or so before she decides she wants back on her roost. She will take treats out of my hand and eat them...

She will not speak to my husband, or dance for him. She will not even dance when he is in the room. It does not matter if I am in the room with them or not. He tries to give her treats; she will take them out of his hand, but she proceeds to drop it. Now if he even goes near where I store her food/treats she gets angry. She screeches, bites her cage and has lunged at him. One time she made contact and drew blood.

Do you have any advice on getting her to come around with him?

Lovebird

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-12-08

Back to top Go down