Wings and Wisdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recipe Exchange!!

4 posters

Go down

Recipe Exchange!! Empty Re: Recipe Exchange!!

Post by Siobhan Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:53 am

That actually sounds quite straightforward. I always had this idea that carbonara was really complicated. I will give it a go! Heavy cream would be what we call double cream wouldnt it?
Siobhan
Siobhan
Senior Parrot Lover!
Senior Parrot Lover!

Female
Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:07 pm

Hello fellow food lovers,

The recipe is as follows

This will serve 4 to 6 people

Heavy cream- 3 cups
Butter- 3 table spoons
Grated Romano cheese- 1 cup to 1 1/2 cups
Frozen peas- 1 good hand full
Mushrooms- 2 cups sliced
Black pepper- to taste
no salt in this recipe you will get it from the grated cheese.
Now for the meat- I use Panchetta ( when available) but you can sub it with proshuttio or ham ( one with a very low water content) 1 1/2 cups cubed

I start by placing the bacon or the ham in a frying pan with the butter. As the butter melts place the mushrooms in the pan and sautee till mushrooms and bacon are soft and a golden brown in color. Now add the heavy cream to the pan and let it come up to a slow boil. At this point you will want to add the peas to the pan. Bring it back to a slow boil and slowly start to add the grated chees and the pepper to the pan. as the cheese is added remove from the heat and stir till it starts to thicken. (you want it to be the same as alfredo) If for some reason it is to loose add a little more cheese to thicken. If to dry slowly add a little more heavy cream. Have the pasta of your choice cooked. Add the pasta to the pan and toss until all pasta is blended well and is coated with the sauce.

For the people that like it with a little kick you can add a little crushed red pepper or white pepper

Remove from the pan and serve rather fast because the longer the sauce stands the thicker it will become.

I have served countless dishes of this over the years and is a favorite for those who like it.

Enjoy it!!!!!!! And let me know how it turned out for you.

Mario
ziggy
ziggy

Male
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-03-11

http://www.blastoffclean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mischief Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:21 pm

Mario
We are waiting Start sending those recipes.
Laughing
Tammy
Mischief
Mischief
No-Stoppin-Me Now
No-Stoppin-Me Now

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Siobhan Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:58 pm

ooh ooh I thought you would never ask! Carbonara... how on earth do you make it??? Mine comes from a jar!
Siobhan
Siobhan
Senior Parrot Lover!
Senior Parrot Lover!

Female
Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:00 am

OK I guess I will have to post some recipes here. Being a chef I dont know what to start with. So if any one needs a recipe please feel free to ask and I will give it to you. That will be the easiest way. I would use all the aloud space if I had to put up all the recipes that I have. HAHAHA!!!!!!

Mario
ziggy
ziggy

Male
Number of posts : 214

http://www.blastoffclean.com

Back to top Go down

Recipe Exchange!! Empty APPLE TART WITH CARAMEL SAUCE

Post by Mischief Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:52 am

This is a family favourite and whenever we have family and friends over - this is requested. Even people that do not like apple tart eat this one with gusto. You can also replace the apple with another fruit. My Dad tried this one with several different fruits.

3 quarter cup of sugar
half a cup of milk
1 cup of self raising flour
2 eggs
2 tablespoons of melted butter(I use the liquid margarine)
1 tin of pie apples

Beat the sugar and the eggs until stiff. Add the butter and beat. Add the flour and the milk alternatively. Grease your dish (I use a glass rectangular dish (30cmx20cm). Pour the mixture into the bowl and place the apples all over (I use a fork to place the apples evenly). Bake at 180 degrees celcius until golden brown (about 20 minutes).

SAUCE
3 quarter cup of castor sugar
1 tin of evaporated/ideal milk (410gm tin)
2 teaspoons of caramel essence

Boil all the above together in a sauce pan and watch so it doesn't burn.
Try and get the sauce to boil just as your tart is coming out of the oven. Prick the tart while still very hot. I use a knife and stab all over this allows the sauce to sink in. Now carefully pour the hot sauce over the tart and let stand to soak. The hotter the tart and the sauce the better the result.

I usually serve in summer with custard and cold tart. In winter I serve the tart warm and withice cream or custard. My lot even lick the bowl out and everyone has seconds. I make two at a time.

Enjoy!
Tammy
Mischief
Mischief
No-Stoppin-Me Now
No-Stoppin-Me Now

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Recipe Exchange!! Empty Recipe Exchange!!

Post by Ronda Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:43 pm

Ok everyone, thought it would be great to have some recipes on here for not just our birds, but us! I get tired of the same thing all the time. And Jessie being my cook lol likes to cook new things and we like to hear what everyone likes. I will post one here in a bit. But I wanted to get this thread started! And post as many as you like! Very Happy
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female
Number of posts : 659

https://wingsandwisdom.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum