Wings and Wisdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Cockatoo will not say on her playtop

4 posters

Go down

My Cockatoo will not say on her playtop Empty Re: My Cockatoo will not say on her playtop

Post by greenwinged Tue May 20, 2008 11:27 pm

I have simalar problem with my greenwing want to be on the floor with the dogs and little kids, I think becouse he just want to play. But he go right back up the tree if you tell him too well most of the time. Ok, that story was like no help. UMMM, I'll get back to you if I think of anything.
greenwinged
greenwinged
Official Parrot Lover!
Official Parrot Lover!

Female
Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

My Cockatoo will not say on her playtop Empty Re: My Cockatoo will not say on her playtop

Post by mama2babygirl Tue May 20, 2008 11:11 pm

I took ClaireBear's advice.....LOL!!!! It worked for about humm....15 min! Then I think she just didn't care! She WANTED on the floor!!! She got down off the playtop and walked all the way around the little wagon I had down on the floor, it had red wheels on it and I think thats why she didn't like it. LOL! I'm going to try something else.....like my daughters tri-color quilt. She hates it! , I think it's all the bright colors! flower
mama2babygirl
mama2babygirl
submission happy
submission happy

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronda Mon May 19, 2008 4:39 pm

LOL well in our case it will be a very very hard challenge. We live in a very small living space and everything in this house is in jumping range lol. And trying to find something he is afraid of will be a challenge as well lol. He is soo trusting that anything we touch, he thinks it's ok. Guess we will have a huge challenge lol. It does make sense though to try to find something they are afraid of to keep them up there lol. But he just isn't afraid of anything yet lol. Not even the big 130 lb dog lol.
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2008-03-11

https://wingsandwisdom.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireBear Mon May 19, 2008 3:34 pm

The only thing that I have found that works is leaving nothing in "jumping" reach. Trimmed wings so that they can not fly to where they want and I will put "scary things" on the floor below the cage when he is on top. By scary things I mean the carrier, strange color things that make him uneasy, or even a bucket. He eyes these things before jumping down and they make him think that staying on his cage is a better option. Maybe someone has better ideas, but that's all that I have found that works Smile
ClaireBear
ClaireBear

Female
Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronda Mon May 19, 2008 3:02 pm

Yeh you know what I need the same advice lol. I know that they love the floor, but how do we keep them on their play top? I tried my tricks and they work for a bit, but mama, you should have said, ok those worked for a bit but she's back at it lol. Hopefully yours is doing better than mine lol. He loves to get off and play everywhere but his play top now. I have x-box 360 controllers that in a matter of 3 seconds he chewed up! The remote control that I bought special for Jessie to do all his fancy electronics is now missing the #4 lol. Does anyone have any suggestions on keeping them on their cages????
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronda Mon May 12, 2008 3:15 am

Cockatoo's love the floor! It's their favorite place! I would just keep putting her back on her cage if you don't want this behavior. Try to give her new toys up there all the time to keep her interested. I know that helps! And do you have food up there for her? Put different things up there for her so it holds her interest longer
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female

Back to top Go down

My Cockatoo will not say on her playtop Empty My Cockatoo will not say on her playtop

Post by mama2babygirl Sun May 11, 2008 11:20 pm

I have a Cockatoo that WILL NOT stay on her play top cage. She climbs down the cage and likes to play on the floor. But when shes on the floor she attacks our feet. Is there a way I can persuade her to stay on her play top Question
mama2babygirl
mama2babygirl
submission happy
submission happy

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down