Wings and Wisdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please help

4 posters

Go down

Please help Empty Re: Please help

Post by ziggy Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:36 pm

Hello,

Yes you are right. A bird will call in the morning and in the evening. This is a so called roll call to make sure who made it through the night and to see who made it back to the nest sites. Birds are a social group and they need the flock as security to insure there well being. Birds in the flock will look to others as a form of protection and also as a sign of security. There is saftey in numbers. Thats why a bird will become more vocal in the sunrise and sunset times of the day.

Mario
ziggy
ziggy

Male
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-03-11

http://www.blastoffclean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mischief Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:02 am

Thanks everybody. I will try the whisoer thing. Mischief is so adorable but it gets a bit annoying when I am on the phone invariably. And I work from home so clients don't quite understand.
I will keep you posted. Lyric I hear you but I was never sane, so I am not too sure how I would handle it.
Mischief
Mischief
No-Stoppin-Me Now
No-Stoppin-Me Now

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyric Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:32 pm

Yes, this is just a natural part of having a bird! I think in the wild they go through this calling at sunrise and sundown as a way of communicating with each other. They are calling the flock together before the sun goes down and then again in the morning to see who all survived the night and greet each other again. Try having a room full of amazons and conures doing this together- it is enough to drive a sane person quite insane. The only thing to do is try to ignore it. Maybe you can go for a walk outside at this time or get some noise cancelling headphones!
Lyric
Lyric
Can't touch this!
Can't touch this!

Female
Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronda Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:59 pm

You can hope lol, I just know that most parrots do it. Mine do it once sun is down as well. They love to do it when my favorite tv shows are on and I can't hear lol. Sometimes if you whisper they will stop to try to hear what you are saying. But than most times they start right back up lol. But yes I would just ignore it, if you yell at him/her or cover them it's really not doing them any good because this is something that is just natural for them. It's their calling and there is no way to stop it. Try the whisper thing and see if that calms him/her down for the time being lol.
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female
Number of posts : 659

https://wingsandwisdom.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mischief Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:44 pm

Thanks Ronda, Mischief seems to do it at the most inappropraite times though. It is usually after sun down. Do you think if I ignore it, it will get better.
Mischief
Mischief
No-Stoppin-Me Now
No-Stoppin-Me Now

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronda Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:15 pm

Tammy allot of birds go through a calling in the morning when the sun comes up and in the evening when it's getting ready to go down. There is nothing we can do about it at all. If you give them attention by saying No than that encourages them and they get louder. But this is something they do in nature and it is perfectly normal. Especially if you are describing it as Mishchief only does it at a certain time. My Cockatoo and my African Grey do the same thing and it is always more in the evening than morning. It's up to you I guess, but I wouldn't cover the cage, it's just natural for parrots to do this. Just something you have to put your ear plugs in and try your best to ignore it lol.
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female
Number of posts : 659

https://wingsandwisdom.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Please help Empty Please help

Post by Mischief Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:06 pm

Hi there
I need some advice. My ringneck Mischief is driving me to drink and ear muffs. Evry evening we go through this screaching effort fot about half an hour. It is usually after dinner s/he starts jumping around and screaching. The more I tell him/her no the worse it gets. I have been covering the cage to get Mischief settled and it gets quiet immediately. What is Mischief trying to say? It is winter here now is it maybe the cold that is getting to Mischief. I do not like covering the cage just because of the screaching, but it is the only way I get Miachief to quieten down.

Thanks Tammy
Mischief
Mischief
No-Stoppin-Me Now
No-Stoppin-Me Now

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content