Well hello there everyone, it's been a while

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Well hello there everyone, it's been a while

Post by Ronda on Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:32 pm

Well that is great news! So glad to hear all is going well! And yes please keep us updated on everything!! Don't ever worry about being to wordy!! You can talk our ears off if you like! I hope to hear more about everything going on with Obi too!

Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2008-03-11

View user profile http://wingsandwisdom.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Well hello there everyone, it's been a while

Post by Lovelylew on Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:10 pm

Hey, thanks to Rhonda for sending me an e-mail reminding me about the forum. I've been busy lately and haven't been to any forums, so it's nice to be back.

Obi is doing fantastic! She's chattering up a storm, loves to be held, have her head scratched, and even letting my husband scratch her head when she's inside her cage. She's saying "Psssst, come here, I wanna tell you something" among other phrases. She's trying to whistle the Andy Griffith theme song, which I whistle to the cockatiels - lol - she's such a joy! My husband and I laugh so hard when we hear her saying Psssst, come here, I wanna tell you something....it's hysterical cause she uses this whispering kind of scruffy voice that I use when I tell her that.

For those who remember, I'm the one that had a difficult start with Obi, being apprehensive about the purchase and didn't quite know if it was a mistake or not. Here is a BIG THANK YOU for everyone who encouraged me to be patient and that it takes time.

I also joined a fantastic bird club and I am learning so much information. As a matter of fact, I may volunteer to do the club newsletter each month since nominations were last night and no one came forward to do the job for the next two years. I may frequent the forum in an attempt to gather articles or information for the newsletter should I decide to tackle this project. The gal who does it now does a fantastic job. I have very little bird experience and rather new member, so this will be a challenge for me.

We had Liz Wilson come and talk about behavior problems and information on preparing a future for your bird should something happen to you. She's a very interesting woman. I purchased her book, Handbook of Avian Articles - Volume I, which she autographed for me too, although honestly I haven't had the time to read it yet - lol - here is a link about Liz Wilson if anyone is interested.

http://www3.upatsix.com/liz/

We're also trying to get Steve Martin (bird trainer) to come in January or February to give a seminar. I'll keep you all posted on that if you are interested.

Anyway, thought I'd pop in to say hello. Didn't mean to be so wordy, but it's been a long time. Thanks, Rhonda, for reminding me about the forum. Have a great day everyone! Laughing
Lovelylew
Forum Junky
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum