Wings and Wisdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions needed!

4 posters

Go down

Opinions needed! Empty Re: Opinions needed!

Post by Lyric Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:57 am

I agree you should get this CAG. It seems like fate and really a gift from fate should not be dismissed lightly Smile . You don't know for sure what started Sweetheart's picking and it could continue or resolve itself either way. Knowing this CAG is healthy, not a plucker, and coming from a good home really means a lot. Plus, maybe they will end up being friends... either way you'll end up with another great bird, one you've always wanted. As long as you have time to devote to another bird, then I say go for it! I'm excited for you, I've always wanted a Congo myself!
Lyric
Lyric
Can't touch this!
Can't touch this!

Female
Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronda Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:59 pm

Yes this is what I was thinking as well, Sweetheart soo badly wants to play with Casper, but of course Casper wants nothing to do with her. I thought maybe since he was the baby he would get along with her, but I guessed wrong lol. And this person I am getting the CAG from says that she gets along with the other birds at their home. So just maybe she will like the new addition. Thanks Berna!
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2008-03-11

https://wingsandwisdom.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BMustee Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:48 pm

I would say go for it...you'll be kicking yourself later if you don't. Like you pointed out a new parrot could make an exsiting bird start plucking, but Sweetheart already is. I don't know if it even was Casper that got her started...it could have been anything...but she's gone through a "new addition" already so it won't be quite as hard for her. I know the timid Timneh at my work loves all the new Congos that come in so it could very well be a new buddy for her too.
BMustee
BMustee

Female
Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-03-13

http://www.myspace.com/mustee_er

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronda Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:36 pm

Thank you Siobhan! I was really leaning that way myself, but you know how love for birds can go, sometimes your a little blinded. I of course will still always love my baby (Sweetheart). I love her even more now that she has done a total 180 on me! I would have just been content with having her talk to me, but it's been soo good! But I always have wanted a CAG, I wanted one before I got Sweetheart and the only reason I went with a TAG is because I read they were more of a family bird than a CAG. So that's what we went with for our first decision. And now this CAG couldn't be coming from a better home! I really trust the person that is selling her. So I believe all her reasons for wanting to sell her and most of all that she just wants a good home for her baby, and I was absolutely honored that she asked me! So all in all, we are still going to get our CAG. I will let you know when we get her, we may have to wait till income tax time in Feb, but we are hoping for much sooner! Just with Christmas a few weeks away and I have not bought one present yet, I'm not sure how I can do it right this minute lol. But I believe we will be getting her!!!

Still would like to hear anyone else's opinion though!!!
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Siobhan Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:57 am

Honestly if it were me? I'd get the CAG. You have wanted a CAG for as long as I have known you. I think this CAG is fate, it is practically falling into your lap and you would be mad to turn your back on it. Money aside it would be fantastic to know the background of the bird, very few know that unless they get them from a chick.

If this CAG is as stable as you say it is it might well have the opposite effect on Sweetheart. You cant say for sure what caused her to start picking in the first place, at this point you havent had her at the vet so it might even be a clinical problem. Who is to say that getting another bird is going to make it worse? You know that whether you get this CAG or not you will do everything you can to help Sweetheart because she is your baby, and the new bird isnt going to change that. And lastly if you waited and helped Sweetheart over her picking, assuming she did get over it and then introduced a new bird you could be back to square one with her.
Siobhan
Siobhan
Senior Parrot Lover!
Senior Parrot Lover!

Female
Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Opinions needed! Empty Opinions needed!

Post by Ronda Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:12 pm

Ok so everyone knows now that SweetHeart is picking. She has just left her down feathers for those who don't know. My guess is maybe it started when we brought Casper home. She has done a total 180 though. She loves my attention, she loves her neck being pet and scratched and loves to cuddle next to my neck. She eats her pellets and stuff just fine, doesn't play a whole lot but still switch her toys out, and she gets veggies and fruits and stuff like that, although 99% of them go on the floor for the dogs to eat lol. Anyway here is my question.....

I have an opportunity to get a Congo Grey. She is just gorgeous and everyone here on this forum knows her actually, but I am going to keep that name private unless she wants everyone to know. The AG is about 8 months old right now. This person just didn't feel like she was able to give the AG enough attention with work and everything and wanted it to go to a good home where she knew it would be taken care of. Just like any of us would want if we had to make that decision. The AG is in good health, not picking or anything. Not only have I wanted a Congo for a LONG time, but I know who this bird is coming from, so I know they are being honest with me! And because of the fact that they know me and want nothing more than a good home for their bird I am pretty much getting this bird at a total steal in price! So all around it is perfect! My problem is being that SweetHeart is picking I know it could make it all worse. What would everyone do? Because regardless at some point I would like to get a Congo, and this is just perfect in every sense but sweetheart picking! If I wait, she can start picking again. So do I do it while they are both young?? Being SweetHeart just turned a year in May, and Casper is still young too. Molly is old, but we already know from the past two birds how she does, she goes through a little spurt, but as long as she gets her attention she is fine after about a month. And the last time when Casper came home she didn't even react (Molly), she only did when we brought SweetHeart home and I really think that's because one she just got a new cage, and two that was the very first bird we had after her, and she had been with us for 6 years with just kids and dogs lol. So what is everyone's opinion? My gut is telling me to get this gorgeous Congo that is still young and I know where it's coming from. I think with whatever problems it may cause as far as the others go, it will all go away in time? What do you think???
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down