Wings and Wisdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eggs???????? Please answer!

5 posters

Go down

Eggs???????? Please answer! Empty Re: Eggs???????? Please answer!

Post by Ronda Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:34 pm

That is really great to know everyone! Thanks! She had me worried lol. She was just gobbling it down! I haven't really seen her eat like that lol. I know of course they aren't really too healthy for us, and figured they wouldn't be much healthier for our birds, but we only have a big breakfast on Sunday mornings usually so she won't get it too often but at least I know it won't harm her in small doses. Thanks!!
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2008-03-11

https://wingsandwisdom.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BustersMom Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:07 pm

I just found this on a webpage: "In the wild many bird species will consume unhatched eggs and eggshells as they are a vital source of protien, calcium, and minerals. It is completely natural for a bird to eat eggs, and although it may seem strange to us humans, our avian friends suffer absolutely no psychological problems as a result of it." So I think Sweetheart should be fine. Besides, if it were bad for birds to eat raw eggs, my bare-eyed's would be hurting, since they ate one of the ones they laid.
Smile
BustersMom
BustersMom

Female
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:55 pm

Eggs are fine for the birds, for feathers and their bodys. In the wild it is common to eat eggs for the birds, so there is no reason not to give them an egg. Hard boild is the best way for them to eat them, because of the issues with our eggs.
I'll have mine over med, with dry rye toast,thank you. Save the butter for better things.

Joe
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Joe
Joe

Male
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireBear Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:46 pm

When I feed eggs, I only feed the whites as I have heard that the yolk is much too fattening (for birds and us) although occasionally I will give them each 1/2 a hardboiled shell, white, & yolk (1/4 for the conure). Does anyone have any info. as to if the info. about feeding yolks is true??
ClaireBear
ClaireBear

Female
Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:44 am

Ronda,

It will be fine. Protien in a birds diet is fine. over medium eggs are not going to hurt her at all. I feed my guys eggs over medium at times because thats the only way that I eat my eggs. The eggs are really good for the birds try hard boiled or scrambled. When I give my guys hard boiled eggs I leave the shell on them for them to eat. It is a great way for a bird to get the calcium from the shell.

Mario
ziggy
ziggy

Male
Number of posts : 214

http://www.blastoffclean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:58 pm

She will be fine. If need be keep an eye on her. Don't think they have bird stomack pumps. LOL
Be calm.
Joe
Joe

Male
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Eggs???????? Please answer! Empty Eggs???????? Please answer!

Post by Ronda Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:41 pm

Ok was just sitting here with hubby and he cooked me a wonderful breakfast. SweetHeart decided she wanted to join us. I eat my eggs over medium. She took a few nibbles of them and loved them. I than remembered that they are suppose to eat fully cooked eggs. Is it the same reason that they are bad for us? Or will this really hurt her? I will not do it again, but just her sharing my food was sweet and my first thought wasn't of if everything was ok for her to eat. I cook her eggs through when I cook them, but being she was eating off of mine they weren't. Can someone please tell me, what I should do? lol I am panicking over here!
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female
Number of posts : 659

https://wingsandwisdom.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum