Wings and Wisdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help!!!

4 posters

Go down

Help!!! Empty Re: Help!!!

Post by Lyric Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:10 pm

Christy- I think you really did the best thing taking it to the center. They are sure to know what they are doing and can really offer it the best care. Thanks for the heads up Mario about the wild birds. We all want to do whatever it takes to keep our birds clean and healthy.
Lyric
Lyric
Can't touch this!
Can't touch this!

Female
Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by mama2babygirl Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:33 am

WOW Shocked ! thats scary!!! the soap we did. And we did keep it outside until I took it to the shelter. So Ithink we are safe pale Thank you for the info though. Very Happy
mama2babygirl
mama2babygirl
submission happy
submission happy

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:32 pm

Hello,

That was the best thing for the dove. You might want to be very careful of bringing wild foul or birds into a home with parrots. Wild birds have alot of diseases that a parrot will not have. Wild birds make a great host for parasites such as ticks, fleas, and the worst of all mites. You really need to in the future if this happens just put the bird in a box with holes in it, in the garage or on the back patio and never bring it into the house. Then bring it to the the bird rescue. This is for the saftey of your pet. After you have held or touched the wild bird please wash your hands with a antibacterial soap.

This is just for your info.

Mario
ziggy
ziggy

Male
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-03-11

http://www.blastoffclean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mama2babygirl Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:58 pm

Thank guys! Very Happy Baby Dovey is at a wildlife resuce center now..... flower I don't think that I could of done it. I told my daughter NO MORE ANIMALS!!! Rolling Eyes
mama2babygirl
mama2babygirl
submission happy
submission happy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kimmie_30 Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:56 pm

i had a bird something like that i just clean the wound and kept it cleaned and feed it KMR puppy milk, and it did good when it was old enought it flew away. so it depend on you if you want to take the time to care for it, sometimes they make it sometimes they dont what i did was put my baby in a box with a towel and a heating blanket and it did good and just feed it and also made sure the wound was clean.... well good luck
kimmie_30
kimmie_30
submission happy
submission happy

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyric Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:42 am

Not to make you sad, but it probably doesn't have much of a chance if it was injured by a cat. Cats have bacteria in their mouths that is very very bad for birds.
Your best bet is to take it to a local wild care center- a place that takes injured wild animals and rehabilitates them. Explain to them what happened and perhaps they have the knowledge to try to save it.
It is a cute little thing, isn't it? I hope it makes it and lives to fly free again one day.
Lyric
Lyric
Can't touch this!
Can't touch this!

Female
Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Help!!! Empty Help!!!

Post by mama2babygirl Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:20 am

My daugher-God Love Her- brought me this baby Mourning Dove that she " Rescued" from a cat! Now I have this poor thing that I have no idea how to take care of , how to feed it or WHAT to feed it! I don't think either of it's wings are broken, it has a nasty open spot on one of them. Any ideas??? GOTTA LOVE YOUR CHILDREN!!!!! Shocked

Help!!! 100_0733-1

Help!!! 100_0731-1

Help!!! 100_0730-1
mama2babygirl
mama2babygirl
submission happy
submission happy

Female

Back to top Go down