Wings and Wisdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stolen African Greys

Go down

Stolen African Greys Empty Stolen African Greys

Post by Lovelylew Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:24 pm

Hello Everyone,

My cousin in Connecticut made me aware of a situation there involving African Grey’s being stolen from an aviary. Below is all of the information on the birds.

I am asking each and every one of you to forward this e-mail onto everyone you know and then some. Bird clubs, sanctuaries, rescues and breeder’s, the owner is asking that you print out the flyer from the link in her message and post it onto your websites and in the windows of your businesses. Please do this. If we keep forwarding the message on, we can get it across the U.S. and into Canada and help get these precious creatures back home where they belong.

Forward, forward, forward……………………put yourself in this lady’s shoes and you’ll know how heartbroken she is.

Kim

Kim Aldinger

Newsletter Editor

York Area Pet Bird Club

York, Pennsylvania

www.yorkareapetbirdclub.com

STOLEN

7 Congo African Grey Parrots

and

1 very plucked Timneh.

I was in my home tending to my father as he passed away and 1 1/2 hours later received news that these birds were stolen. Burglars broke into my aviary and took half the free flighted birds in one flock. I have since relocated all remaining A. Grey birds to a safe haven.

Most were young, ranging from 3 - 12 years old. Two brothers were torn apart after living together for 19 years. They deserve to be reunited along with the entire flock. All of the birds were together, some up to 2 decades, only to be separated in such a brutal way from their long time flock mates.

They may have had their flight feathers trimmed by now.

I kept these birds for observation on captive reared flock behavior. It was almost a 3 year project that is now junked.

I want my babies to come home where they belong. The remaining greys are traumatized as I imagine the stolen ones are also.

Please download the attached flyer at this link http://www.connecticutparrotsociety.org/documents/Stolen%20parrot%20flyer.doc and post it where ever possible...street posts, websites, pet stores, vets and send to as many breeders as possible. Send the link to as many chat rooms and online forums as possible.

These are not tame pets. I imagine they are being sold as breeders in nearby states. NY, NJ, CT, RI, MA etc. I beg you to forward any leads you may have to this email StolenBirds@mail.com

No questions asked if they are safely returned or dropped off in a pet store within a carrier. Attach by taping a note on top of the carrier with CT State Police Case # CFS 0800516369 and cover carrier with a towel.

Or call 860-886-BIRD (2473) with any information that may lead to their return. Please don't take it upon yourself to confront or investigate the lead. Although I love each one dearly, they may have comfortable lives with who ever ends up purchasing them from these thieves, and risking your life is not worth it.

Thank you everyone, & especially to you Jen of KBAH !
Broken Hearted in CT
Barbara
Lovelylew
Lovelylew
Forum Junky
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-04-12

Back to top Go down