Wings and Wisdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mating Season

3 posters

Go down

Mating Season Empty Re: Mating Season

Post by Lyric Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:45 pm

You mentioned that your husband was rubbing the bird when he is bitten. Birds have certain areas that when rubbed can get them sexually excited, for instance the back. Your husband may want to avoid petting Simba in areas other than his head to keep from getting him into an aggressive sexual state. Cockatoos can get very aggressive when sexually mature and your husband should be very careful to avoid a serious injury.
A bird that is kept inside isn't necessarily affected by a particular time of year- the conditions inside your home can affect when they feel it is time to breed. For instance, a longer period of daylight (or artifical lighting as inside a home) can trigger the hormonal changes. You may try putting Simba to bed a little earlier than you usually do to help with this.
Lyric
Lyric
Can't touch this!
Can't touch this!

Female
Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by schooch1963 Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:43 am

Simba is 10 years old. And the strange thing about it is he never gives a sign that he's going to bite him. Simba goes to him to get attention and Ken will rub on him, then suddenly simba bites him. I've got a time out cage and used it for the first time yesterday. It didn't bother Simba at all being in it.
schooch1963
schooch1963

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronda Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:11 am

It really depends on what age the bird is and it doesn't always go by an actual season, it could be that the bird has chosen you as their chosen one and does not want anything to do with your husband right now. This is perfectly normal and sometimes will pass after they have gotten over their "season". This happens when they become sexually mature and can happen any time after and around the age of two.
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2008-03-11

https://wingsandwisdom.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Mating Season Empty Mating Season

Post by schooch1963 Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:19 am

I live in Maryland does anyone know when mating season is for this area? I was told Simba was being aggressive toward my husband because it was mating season, but I thought mating season would be in the spring.
schooch1963
schooch1963

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum