Wings and Wisdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SweetHeart update!!!!

2 posters

Go down

SweetHeart update!!!! Empty Re: SweetHeart update!!!!

Post by Ronda Thu May 22, 2008 2:46 pm

LOL no that's ok, I don't think that is the one I was thinking of anyway, I will have to post that one too!
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2008-03-11

https://wingsandwisdom.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireBear Thu May 22, 2008 2:43 pm

No I saw the video just couldn't see real well Casper's response to sweetheart...it could be that my computer is dark
ClaireBear
ClaireBear

Female
Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronda Thu May 22, 2008 2:37 pm

You know what maybe that isn't the one where they are next to each other. I don't know if I uploaded that one to youtube. Will check in a bit and be back!
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronda Thu May 22, 2008 2:36 pm

There's a video of it below, is it not showing??
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireBear Thu May 22, 2008 2:35 pm

How cute, Sweetheart is really coming along. I wanna see what Casper does if you put them by eachother...Does he fluff and spread his tail, crest up, and bob / sway back and forth?
ClaireBear
ClaireBear

Female
Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

SweetHeart update!!!! Empty SweetHeart update!!!!

Post by Ronda Wed May 21, 2008 9:30 pm

Well thought it is time for an update on my SweetHeart! I haven't written much about her cause not too much has changed. She still doesn't really like to be pet too much, but I found that if I take her away from her cage, where she can't see it anymore she is totally different! I can pet her back and give her neck scratches and lift her wings and everything. We have been giving her a little bit of the formula that we fix for Casper in the evenings. He is still on a evening feeding and it's probably just a comfort feeding lol, but we like to do it and he still loves it and now SweetHeart makes this certain little chirp when we are feeding Casper like please don't forget about me! She loves it! So I thought, it can't hurt her and it's something she loves, this will give me some time to bond a little with her and I believe it has worked very well! It's something that every day now she looks forward to that with us. And her attitude since we have done this is different, she's not flighty too much anymore and isn't very nippy at all to speak of. If she flies off the cage she will let the kids or anyone get her, but the kids can't take her off of her cage to sit with them. And even when she is handed to them she won't stay long with them. But never really expected her to. I am glad for the fact that she will go to anyone even a stranger coming into the house she will step up for them and than looks for me lol. But glad she will at least go without a bite. We bought a harness for the birds but she can't stand hers. She actually tightens up soo much that she just falls over to her side. So it will have to be something we work with her on. I have a video of her with Casper as well, if anyone knows what they are doing let me know lol. She seems to do her happy chirp when she sees him and wants to be next to him, but he doesn't want to be near her. I thought it would be the other way around lol. When we put him on the floor SweetHeart wants to be down there with him, but again he won't let her come near him lol. She finally wonders over to my chair now! She hops down off of her cage and crosses the table and comes to my chair to sit for a minute or to see what I am eating. It doesn't happen often but I love it when she does it! Well that is really it for updates, they have all been good for the most part. Still haven't had a good bite yet lol. But as Joe says I'm not doing enough than lol. I am trying to handle her more without fear and I think that is why she has let me pet her lately. Weird how I am not afraid of 1500 pound horses but I am of a little African Grey lol. Not exactly afraid of her, just leery of getting bit lol. Now that I know it's mostly her seeing her cage I take her in my bedroom and watch TV in there and let her hang out with me in there. Seems to be working! But here is a video of her and Casper!

Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down