Wings and Wisdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to do if your moving??

3 posters

Go down

What to do if your moving?? Empty Re: What to do if your moving??

Post by Ronda Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:17 pm

Well Thank you for answering! BUT it seems like that dream house isn't going to go through after all! Someone else beat us to it! Sad But thanks!!
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2008-03-11

https://wingsandwisdom.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyric Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:13 pm

Hey Ronda! I'm glad you've found your dream house and it sounds just so wonderful. Moving sucks- there's nothing else to say about that. However, you'll have a new exciting house to look forward to when it's all said and done.
We moved 10 years ago and it was just a few blocks from where we used to live. Some of my cages were so big we had to just put them in the back of a truck (birds and all) and just drove slowly to the new house and put them all inside. They didn't have any transition- just went for it. Everyone was a little startled by the moving experience but they all settled in just fine. I think as long as you continue to give them the same level of interaction they are used to they will all be just fine. They will pick up on your anxiety so try to stay relaxed and positive if at all possible and just tell them all how much fun they are going to have in the new house. Don't worry- everything will turn out great!
Lyric
Lyric
Can't touch this!
Can't touch this!

Female
Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Mischief Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:35 pm

Ronda
Good luck with the moving. I hope we will get some pictures and I wish you all the best in the new home. To be truthful I have absolutely no idea what you should do. I would probably just try and keep their routine as close the the usual that they have and then keep re-assuring them as things get closer and the house emptier.
Tammy
Mischief
Mischief
No-Stoppin-Me Now
No-Stoppin-Me Now

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronda Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:34 pm

Hello everyone??? Anyone know what to do??
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female

Back to top Go down

What to do if your moving?? Empty What to do if your moving??

Post by Ronda Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:23 am

Hey everyone. I want to know what steps should I take to make it as easy as possible on our birds when I move? We are only going about 15 minutes away so the ride won't be bad at all. But as far as a totally new house what can I do so it won't be as stressful? There is a pretty good possibility that we will be moving in about two months or so. We are on two acres now and we are moving to an old farm house on 10 acres. I have to say it's my dream house! Has a big pond out front and it's secluded just like the two acres we are on now and barns and out buildings. It is really a dream come true! But don't want it to be a total nightmare for the birds! So does anyone have any advice?? We are still keeping the two acres we have now, but that really doesn't matter. They are going to see that we are slowly taking stuff out of this house. So the good thing is this doesn't have to happen in a matter of a week. It can be a slow move. So any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum