Wings and Wisdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Molting....

3 posters

Go down

Molting.... Empty Re: Molting....

Post by mama2babygirl Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:37 am

LOL!!! I was told from the get go, not to "baby" her. She has become a wonderful bird. She now lets my husband hold her. Still having some problems with my daughter being around her though. Is there such thing as separation anxiety in birds?? She will scream at the top of her lungs when I walk out the door or room now. I keep trying new food with her and found out she LOVES green beans and squash only if they are cooked. I have pictures of her eating green beans but can't figure out how to re-size the pic on Photo bucket. So hows the rest of the clan? Still have the deer?
mama2babygirl
mama2babygirl
submission happy
submission happy

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronda Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:36 pm

That's great news Christy!! Glad to hear she got that feather back lol. And it is really good news to hear that all the patience is paying off with her. I soo know what you mean! Sweetheart has become a pain in my butt now with all the attention she wants from me lol. I couldn't wait for that day to come lol.
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2008-03-11

https://wingsandwisdom.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mama2babygirl Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:36 pm

I think Baby is the slower molt- I think..lol . She did fix it... finally Rolling Eyes
She has alot of new feather and pin feathers, so something is going on . But she is doing great. All the time and effort has paid off with her ! Very Happy
mama2babygirl
mama2babygirl
submission happy
submission happy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyric Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:29 am

Birds are funny, sometimes they will have one big molt and sometimes they kind of molt the feathers slowly over the course of several months. I don't really understand what causes it to happen in different ways- maybe it's a combination of the foods they eat and the light and temp in the room?? I'm just guessing here.
If the feather is broken, more than likely she will eventually preen it herself and get rid of the broken part. However sometimes it has taken Lyric a week or two to fix a broken feather. (by fix I mean to break off the broken part of it). Continue to give her baths- this will encourage her to preen. Try not to let it bother you- she is beautiful and all will be well in time!
Lyric
Lyric
Can't touch this!
Can't touch this!

Female
Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by mama2babygirl Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:25 am

Thank you Ronda Very Happy
mama2babygirl
mama2babygirl
submission happy
submission happy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronda Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:55 pm

They normally go through a few molts a year, SweetHeart is in a full molt right now and looks absolutely horrible lol. It is taking a few months for her to do it all lol. Now Molly our Quaker just molts a little here and there. Casper we dont' know about just yet, he has some pin feathers now but he is still a little too young to have a big molt yet. I will try to find a pic that I just took recently of what sweetheart looks like right now lol. But I'm sure she will get rid of that feather Christy lol. Just may take some time lol. Give her a bath and see if maybe she will preen it back with the others.
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2008-03-11

https://wingsandwisdom.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Molting.... Empty Molting....

Post by mama2babygirl Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:01 pm

How often will my TOO molt?(not sure if its the same all breeds) And when should she start to molt? I think I read somewhere that males tend to molt more than females. I don't know- Thats why I'm turning to my handy dandy bible(The forum Very Happy ) LOL!!
I'm just courious, Babys broken wing feather is bugging me (not her so much Smile )
mama2babygirl
mama2babygirl
submission happy
submission happy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down