Wings and Wisdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

plucking

2 posters

Go down

plucking Empty Re: plucking

Post by kimmie_30 Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:58 pm

oh good thanks yeah they are growing back and now he is doing his lower part and his leg he starts off like he is scratching them then pulls it. thanks for the help
kimmie_30
kimmie_30
submission happy
submission happy

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronda Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:21 pm

Hey Kimmie! Sorry it took me soo long! IT is normal for a young grey to pick their feathers on their chest, that's exactly what SweetHeart is doing now. She is going through a full molt and she is a little over a year old. She has been going through it now for the last 5 months or so. But I did not notice any bare spots on her, just thinner ones, and than I could see where these little grey fluffy feathers were growing in it's place. Her chest is back to normal now but now she's doing her wings lol. So without a picture or if you see it growing back and he's not plucking those than I'm sure it's just their normal baby feathers they shed out.
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2008-03-11

https://wingsandwisdom.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

plucking Empty plucking

Post by kimmie_30 Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:59 pm

ok my grey for some reason a few weeks ago was starting to pluck out his chest feathers..... now it is not that bad most of his feathers have grown back i was told that baby greys loose they baby feathers is that true? i was just wanting to know
kimmie_30
kimmie_30
submission happy
submission happy

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down