Wings and Wisdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My new baby

5 posters

Go down

My new baby Empty Re: My new baby

Post by Michelle Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:04 pm

Thats good.. Im sooo happy that it keeps the foot.. although the person who had it needs a serious beating! so, when you getting she/he home? Look forward to the new pics... Give the little darling a kiss for me xxx
Michelle
Michelle
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Siobhan Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:18 pm

Thank you guys Smile Well the good news is she will keep her foot, it is not a bone infection. But it is still a mystery as to what it is. The vet wants to keep her for a couple of days and do some reading and make some phone calls. She is leaning towards some type of circulation problem probably caused by frostbite. She said right now Éalú has a big cast on her foot like a club and she seems to be a lot more comfortable.

Am I allowed to say that if the previous owner of this B&G was in front of me right now I would happily do time for her murder?? I cannot understand how a human being could treat such a magnificent creature like this. Mad Ironically she asked me for updates on how she is getting on. I darent contact her for fear of what I might say to her.
Siobhan
Siobhan
Senior Parrot Lover!
Senior Parrot Lover!

Female
Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:49 pm

Sad awww thats so sad siobhan :(poor bird... No only was it treated badly, not the little might loose its foot Sad Im sooo glad it was you that raided your piggy bank and bought it. It must have been heartbreaking to see it in so much pain. You will spoil and love that bird no matter what, just like you do with the troublesome twosome lol Smile When will you get it home again? Ws it not chipped or anything when you bought it? I hope it doesnt come to having a foot amputated, but we are all a parrot family here, and are always here to listen.. X xxx

p.s, its after three... what did the vet say? good news? i hope so xxx

adanna says hello
Michelle
Michelle
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronda Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:10 am

Oh wow Siobhan, please let us know what the outcome is!! I will keep my fingers crossed for her, but at least it may only be a foot and hopefully will not have to be put down! Please let us know!!
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2008-03-11

https://wingsandwisdom.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Siobhan Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:48 am

Yesterday I brought her back to the avian vet down south and she kept her. Her foot is much worse than it had been on Saturday. Today she will have an xray, her band removed, foot drained, dna sexing, blood work and micro chipping. The vet thinks it may be a bone infection. If it is and it is fairly recent the prognosis is good, but if it is an old injury and the damage to the bone is too great she may lose the foot. The xray today will determine that. So roll on 3pm today when she will call me to tell me how my baby is doing.
Siobhan
Siobhan
Senior Parrot Lover!
Senior Parrot Lover!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:51 pm

siobhan... did the vet say why the swelling was there? and what did he do for it? Adannas foot is swollen to... not as badly as ure pretty mcaw though Smile
Michelle
Michelle
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronda Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:44 am

Wow Siobhan! I didn't see the pictures the first time I visited but now I do! She is gorgeous! Have you found out any more about her foot? How is she doing? She seems to love to be held! Keep us updated on how she's doing! And all your other feathered friends!!!
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female
Number of posts : 659

https://wingsandwisdom.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Siobhan Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:04 pm

Yesterday I brought Éalú down south to the only avian vet in Ireland. I decided on my own vets advice that the trip was warranted. The vet managed to drain her left foot of quite a bit of fluid which unfortunately has filled up again today. Her right foot is in a terrible mess as she has started to bite off the skin on it. The vet feels this could be due to frost bite. Next week she will be put to sleep while the vet removes her band, microchips her, drains her foot properly and does some blood work on her.

The good news is she has gained 90g since I have had her so she is definitely improving. Very Happy
Siobhan
Siobhan
Senior Parrot Lover!
Senior Parrot Lover!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliantfids Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:02 pm

AWWW! That poor poor baby! She will be OK though, even if she doesnt gain the use of her foot back she will adjust and thrive now that you have her. She is beautiful!
Brilliantfids
Brilliantfids
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by Siobhan Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:29 pm

Thank you Smile
Unfortunately I noticed today she was favouring her right foot. A vet trip later and it turns out her left foot is very swollen as you can see in the photos. The vet believes it is an old injury which hadnt been treated and is unsure whether she will get the use back in that foot. Also she is grossly underweight.

So in summary she was living outdoors in near freezing weather, with one foot practically paralysed and with not enough to eat Mad
Siobhan
Siobhan
Senior Parrot Lover!
Senior Parrot Lover!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyric Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:54 pm

Great pictures! She is definitely a beauty. I'm glad you rescued her and now she has a good loving forever home with you and the gang.
Lyric
Lyric
Can't touch this!
Can't touch this!

Female
Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

My new baby Empty My new baby

Post by Siobhan Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:32 am

A couple of days ago I discovered this B&G in a back garden, outside in freezing Irish winter weather. Needless to say I raided my piggy bank and brought her home.

Her name is Éalú (Ay Loo) which means escape because we feel she had a lucky escape. She would certainly have died outside.

My new baby DSCF0224

My new baby DSCF0227-Copy

My new baby DSCF0241-Copy
Siobhan
Siobhan
Senior Parrot Lover!
Senior Parrot Lover!

Female

Back to top Go down