Wings and Wisdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parrot Rescue in Wales

2 posters

Go down

Parrot Rescue in Wales Empty Re: Parrot Rescue in Wales

Post by Ronda Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:42 am

WOW! Yes I will Siobhan! People have some screws loose in this world! I am soo glad to hear though that they do punish these people for doing that! But just to think of all the ones who are damaged from previous or the ones who it's still going on to them and no one even knows! That is just a sad thought! I need to go hug my babies! Sad
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2008-03-11

https://wingsandwisdom.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Parrot Rescue in Wales Empty Parrot Rescue in Wales

Post by Siobhan Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:01 am

Yesterday in an attempt to find out what was going on with my B&G's foot I called this lady who runs a parrot rescue in Wales, UK. Right now she has 123 parrots in her home and gardens. She has blind birds, birds with no feet, birds with no wings, pluckers, screamers and self mutilators. I listened to her for about an hour last night telling me of the cruelest things that human beings have done to defenceless birds.

There was one man who was caught by the RSPCA cutting off a birds wings with a wire cutter. The bird trying to defend himself put his feet up and lost 2 toes in the process. The man's explanation was, that he was "clipping the birds wings"!!!! He is in prison now with a lifetime ban.

She has a galah cockatoo who throws himself on the ground and breaks his own wings when he doesnt get his own way! She said she has tried everything with this bird from medication to carrying him around with her to try to calm him down.

This lady is an inspiration to all of us, so when you have read this, give your fids an extra cuddle and remind them how lucky they are Wink
Siobhan
Siobhan
Senior Parrot Lover!
Senior Parrot Lover!

Female
Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down