Wings and Wisdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disenfectants and Cleaning Solutions Safe for cages

4 posters

Go down

Disenfectants and Cleaning Solutions Safe for cages Empty Re: Disenfectants and Cleaning Solutions Safe for cages

Post by BMustee Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:18 pm

I use the Poop-Off product to clean the poop off the cage and perches...it works so fast and there is no chemicals in it. As for disinfecting I use the Clorox Anywhere sanitizer.
BMustee
BMustee

Female
Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-03-13

http://www.myspace.com/mustee_er

Back to top Go down

Disenfectants and Cleaning Solutions Safe for cages Empty Re: Disenfectants and Cleaning Solutions Safe for cages

Post by greenwinged Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:39 pm

Ah, thank's so much for telling about the white vinegar and water! I've been looking for a better way to clean my bird's cage. Very Happy

ziggy wrote:Hello,

Ronda this is a good tread and I have to say that, the article that you have givin us to look at is a good article. But it is out dated. 1996 is over 12 years old. The info is good but there are other things that are newer and more effective. I use one and only one thing to sanitize and clean all my cages. You can get it from every store in America. White Vinegar. Thats it white vinegar and water. This is the best for cleaning cages. There is no chemicals in it at all. No need to go and spend good money on things that are SO CALLED bird safe. You are only making these large company's more wealthy. White vinegar is so cheep and it goes a long long way. There will never be a problem using a totally non toxic, all natural, and a good cleaner. This is what I use, if you are happy with the methods that you use now please stay with it. I just wanted everybody to know that this is a very low cost and all natural way of cleaning and to sterilize there cages and toys.

Ziggy
greenwinged
greenwinged
Official Parrot Lover!
Official Parrot Lover!

Female
Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronda Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:04 pm

I do agree with you Mario that it was published in 96' But if you read the article it gives you more than just cleaners. It gives you the Classes of Disinfectants which I think is good, gives you the definitions used to describe control of microorganisms, and it gives you the advantages and disadvantages of the other cleaners.

That is good that Vinegar can be used no doubt. Just there are some out there that like to clean with other things besides Vinegar, I personally can't stand the smell of it, it makes me gag lol. I use a kitchen lysol cleaner and than wipe it down with a wet rag afterwards and of course keep them out of the room I am cleaning it in.

I would like to hear what others use as well. It is nice to know that not everyone uses the same things, and for new people buying birds/parrots it is good for them to know as well.
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2008-03-11

https://wingsandwisdom.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:13 pm

Hello,

Ronda this is a good tread and I have to say that, the article that you have givin us to look at is a good article. But it is out dated. 1996 is over 12 years old. The info is good but there are other things that are newer and more effective. I use one and only one thing to sanitize and clean all my cages. You can get it from every store in America. White Vinegar. Thats it white vinegar and water. This is the best for cleaning cages. There is no chemicals in it at all. No need to go and spend good money on things that are SO CALLED bird safe. You are only making these large company's more wealthy. White vinegar is so cheep and it goes a long long way. There will never be a problem using a totally non toxic, all natural, and a good cleaner. This is what I use, if you are happy with the methods that you use now please stay with it. I just wanted everybody to know that this is a very low cost and all natural way of cleaning and to sterilize there cages and toys.

Ziggy
ziggy
ziggy

Male
Number of posts : 214

http://www.blastoffclean.com

Back to top Go down

Disenfectants and Cleaning Solutions Safe for cages Empty Disenfectants and Cleaning Solutions Safe for cages

Post by Ronda Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:48 am

The post was actually too big to post here lol. So here is the link if you want to learn what is safe and what is not. And what will do the job properly and actually disinfect it.

The information can be found at - http://www.birdsnways.com/wisdom/ww6eiv.htm
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female
Number of posts : 659

https://wingsandwisdom.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down