Wings and Wisdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Baby Jalen!

+2
ziggy
Alma2187
6 posters

Go down

My Baby Jalen! Empty Re: My Baby Jalen!

Post by mama2babygirl Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:19 am

Hi Amanda, Jalen is beautiful! My sister-in -law wants a Quaker. They have a grey, a macaw, 2 cockatiels, and a U2. They are the ones who talked me into getting Baby Smile
mama2babygirl
mama2babygirl
submission happy
submission happy

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Alma2187 Wed May 28, 2008 1:02 am

Thank you thats very kind of you to say Wink... And yeah eventually i get the hang of this soon. lol hope to see you around again.... xoxo

Lyric wrote:Hi Amanda, welcome here. Jalen sounds like a lucky little bird to have a mom like you. I've never had Quakers but from what I hear they make great pets. I think you do need to try to handle it at least every day or I believe they can get kind of nippy (as lots of birds will do). Also, keep having your husband try to interact with it so it doesn't become just bonded to you.
Don't feel bad about being confused about how to do things on this forum. It takes time to figure everything out but you will get there.
Alma2187
Alma2187
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyric Fri May 23, 2008 4:56 pm

Hi Amanda, welcome here. Jalen sounds like a lucky little bird to have a mom like you. I've never had Quakers but from what I hear they make great pets. I think you do need to try to handle it at least every day or I believe they can get kind of nippy (as lots of birds will do). Also, keep having your husband try to interact with it so it doesn't become just bonded to you.
Don't feel bad about being confused about how to do things on this forum. It takes time to figure everything out but you will get there.
Lyric
Lyric
Can't touch this!
Can't touch this!

Female
Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireBear Thu May 22, 2008 2:25 pm

Congratulations on your new baby and welcome to the forum!
ClaireBear
ClaireBear

Female
Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronda Wed May 21, 2008 11:50 pm

Ok don't worry about the stuff below the box where you are typing, you are clicking post a reply if you are seeing the smiley's to your right. There is also a quick reply at the bottom of every page. But if you click the post a reply you should see a long line of squares underneath the subject box where you can type something different like you did with the hmm. The picture one is 15 in from the left. Than under the "None (use implicit) box which is right next to the subject line box, but right under the none box should be the one to change the colors and the fonts. I have went to four different computers and looked to see if they were there and they are all there for me lol. Is anyone else having this problem??? Let me know if you see them or not? I have looked even on your file to make sure there isn't something unchecked that should be and I don't see anything. Even if you disable the smiley's you can still see them to chose from you just can't see them in your post. Let me know, hopefully something can be done and I will keep searching to see if it's something on the forum end.
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2008-03-11

https://wingsandwisdom.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

My Baby Jalen! Empty hmm...

Post by Alma2187 Wed May 21, 2008 11:12 pm

Well i did see to change the font color, and all i see is a icon that is like this A/A (switch editor mode) which i dont know hwat it means, then on my right hand i have a box with the smileys but i click on them and they dont appear on the text. on the bottom of the box of the smilies it says HTML is OFF, BBCode is ON, Smilies are ON. then on the bottom all i see is "preview" and "send" and on the bottom i have some options Disable BBCode in the post, Disable smilies inthe post, Attach Signature and Notify me when a reply is posted. Thats all theres something i can do to change this? Or it might be my laptob that has a problem? Well i have an Hp Laptob and i get online by getting some signal, which is not too strong anf i go through hell to get here so maybe its because it doesnt download everything like it should but until now i have seen everything (all icons) but i dont see the one you just described me. =(

Ronda wrote:Amanda that is all in the box that you type. Above where you type actually. There will be a "B, I, U, than two little balloons than two arrows than a picture with a little disk in front of it, that's where you upload pics from your computer, and you can just mess around with the others, you can change the colors of your font, and than there are the smilies. And than a box that says Others. Hopefully you see them. If you don't please let me know!
Alma2187
Alma2187
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronda Wed May 21, 2008 2:50 pm

Amanda that is all in the box that you type. Above where you type actually. There will be a "B, I, U, than two little balloons than two arrows than a picture with a little disk in front of it, that's where you upload pics from your computer, and you can just mess around with the others, you can change the colors of your font, and than there are the smilies. And than a box that says Others. Hopefully you see them. If you don't please let me know!
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female
Number of posts : 659

https://wingsandwisdom.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alma2187 Wed May 21, 2008 11:44 am

Thanks Mario... I will have fun i love to learn about this birds i just love them... do you know how can i post pictures in here and the smilies??? Thanks you
Alma2187
Alma2187
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed May 21, 2008 11:35 am

Hello Amanda,

Welcome to the forum and have some fun. Please ask as many questions as you wish. Look around and see the posts here and feel free to post your input.

Mario
ziggy
ziggy

Male
Number of posts : 214

http://www.blastoffclean.com

Back to top Go down

My Baby Jalen! Empty My Baby Jalen!

Post by Alma2187 Wed May 21, 2008 11:30 am

Well My baby Jalen, (Jalen means Bird of light thats why i chose that name) its arond 7 weeks and he is a Quaker parrot. Im new to the Forum so sorry if i dont display pictures in here because i dont know how to do it, I dont even know how to display the smilies =( If anyone can teach me i will be more than happy to post pictures of my baby other than on my profile =). Thanks to all for your warm welcome. Love always
Alma2187
Alma2187
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down