Wings and Wisdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Giant Hyacinth Macaw

+2
Joe
ziggy
6 posters

Go down

The Giant Hyacinth Macaw Empty Re: The Giant Hyacinth Macaw

Post by ClaireBear Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:48 pm

She went through 3 sets of locks, they finally just tied the door shut with a chain and lock and gave the new owner the final set of new locks. I miss her dearly she was such fun to play with. I tried to coerce my bf into buying her for me but he pointed out what our furniture would look like once she made it through the new set of locks!! She had bonded to me so much that the store owner said that I could buy her for $6,500 (still too rich for my blood Smile
ClaireBear
ClaireBear

Female
Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by greenwinged Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:00 am

I wonder how many lock they went through? Very Happy But Claire sound like someone got an awesome bird!

ClaireBear wrote:the bird store by my had a female named Diamond. She was just like a puppy dog. Loved to come out and have me pick at her new feathers like a monkey. Truly a sweet heart. Except at night when noone was there she would break the locks off her cage, rip the posters off the walls, and wander around the shop. I was sad to see her Sold. $8,500.00 WOW!
greenwinged
greenwinged
Official Parrot Lover!
Official Parrot Lover!

Female
Number of posts : 211

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:11 am

Hello Claire,

Funny story. 8500.00 is a GREAT deal on a bird of this magnitude, I have seen them as much as 13,000.00. So who ever got the bird for 8500.00 literally stole the bird.

Mario(Ziggy)
ziggy
ziggy

Male
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-03-11

http://www.blastoffclean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireBear Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:13 pm

the bird store by my had a female named Diamond. She was just like a puppy dog. Loved to come out and have me pick at her new feathers like a monkey. Truly a sweet heart. Except at night when noone was there she would break the locks off her cage, rip the posters off the walls, and wander around the shop. I was sad to see her Sold. $8,500.00 WOW!
ClaireBear
ClaireBear

Female
Number of posts : 158

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:34 pm

Hello,

This is a beautiful species of the Macaw family no dought. My so called girlfriend is the sweetest bird in the park. I have had so many people ask me when I am in the flight with her "ARE YOU CRAZY" I just look and say no not at all. There first thing is look at the size of that bird and the beek is huge. I tell them yes it is and it could do a great deal of damage, but that does not stop me from wanting to spend as much time with her as possiable. The biggest problem is that people that dont know enough about birds and there ways are the ones that get hurt the most. I see so many people tease the birds in public places such as zoo's Busch Gardens that sometimes it is refreshing to see the bird put a real good nip or a real close miss to getting the finger. It sounds cruel that I would want a person to get nipped but if you tease the bird and you do get nipped dont ask what the hell was that for. You should know the bird will defend itself if it feels threatened. This is the same with a dog or a cat is it not. You tease a animal it will defend itself. Over all this is a very large bird and needs the respect it deserves. The big blue bird is a great bird over all, such a way about them that makes you want to spend as much time with them as possiable.

Ziggy
ziggy
ziggy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by greenwinged Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:10 am

If only I was rich Sad
greenwinged
greenwinged
Official Parrot Lover!
Official Parrot Lover!

Female
Number of posts : 211

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronda Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:01 am

Wow those are very pretty Mario! I can totally tell why a person would want one!
Ronda
Ronda
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner

Female
Number of posts : 659

https://wingsandwisdom.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BMustee Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:22 am

We have a breeder pair at the store...Omar and Sidmar. Sidmar is wild caught and is mean as heck. Omar is much nicer and was a pet at one time. Anytime anyone tries to touch Omar, Sidmar goes Ape S*** and tries to bite.

A friend of mine has an 8 year old named Zeus and he is the sweetist bird EVER! He says out of all of his parrots (13) he is the biggest baby of them all.

When they are hand raised they really are one of the best large parrots.
BMustee
BMustee

Female
Number of posts : 110

http://www.myspace.com/mustee_er

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:30 pm

Of all the birds in the world, this birds feathers are so strong in deph of the color blue. Im not fond of the bigger birds, but I could learn to live with one of them.
Joe
Joe
Joe

Male
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

The Giant Hyacinth Macaw Empty The Giant Hyacinth Macaw

Post by ziggy Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:33 pm

This I have to say is the bird of my dreams. I go to Busch Gardens and they have a pair of them and I have made great friends with the female. I try to go at least once every other weekend. She has a great memory when I go into the flight where she is caged she goes crazy. She comes and follows me everywhere I go in the flight. My wife Lori tells me that I only want to go to Busch Gardens is to go and see my GIRLFRIEND. Lori loves this bird also so in time I can see myself getting one.

Description: Hyacinth macaws are the largest parrots in the world, reaching a massive 100 cm in length . They have striking cobalt blue feathers, contrasting with the bare yellow eye ring and yellow patch of skin next to the lower bill . The tail is particularly long and it's powerful black bill is deeply curved and pointed.

Diet: A large variety of Includes seeds, fruits, nuts, and berries. Food must always be available.

Talking: Very limited.

Noise level: Loud and high pitched.

Personality: These macaws should only be purchased as babies. Adults, if not raised properly can be very aggressive. They're not fond of children. They have one of the hardest bites of all macaws.

Availability: Because of the extremely high price ( they're the highest priced parrot in the world), they're not in abundance. Also, they're near to being put on the endangered list.

Cage: Approx---4 ft x 5 ft x 6 ft------EXTRA LARGE CATEGORY BUT WILL DO BETTER IN A SMALL AVIARY --6 ft x 8 ft
A play area is necessary.The Giant Hyacinth Macaw Bigblue
ziggy
ziggy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down